Lawyer withdraws Newtown suit — for now

That $100 million lawsuit claiming Connecticut failed to protect Sandy Hook Elementary students has been withdrawn, but could be refiled.

“I received new evidence on security at the school, which I need to evaluate,” (lawyer Irving) Pinsky said Monday.

The suit was filed in the name of “Jill Doe,” a six-year-old girl who survived the massacre but allegedly was traumatized by hearing screams, cursing and gunshots on the intercom. Pinsky said the suit’s goal was to improve school safety, not to make money. Of course.

About Joanne

Comments

  1. I wish I had a nickel for every time this suit got people to repeat the joke about the 99% of lawyers giving the other 1% a bad name.

    • Obi-Wandreas says:

      In a sense, teachers are in the same boat as lawyers – if we want to be taken seriously, we need to stop collectively covering for those who have no business being in our profession.