Inappropriate

A four-year-old boy in Texas received an in-school suspension for hugging his teacher’s aide.

The prinicipal of La Vega Primary School sent a letter to the Blackwells that said the pre-kindergartener demonstrated “inappropriate physical behavior interpreted as sexual contact and/or sexual harassment.”

The father got the school to remove the sexual charges from the little boy’s record.

Comments

1. And yet they tell us hugs are better than drugs…

2. Alex Bensky says:

My question: what kind of woman feels sexually harrassed when a four year old hugs her?

3. Barry Garelick says:

And more to the point what kind of principal would agree with the teacher’s perceptions to the extent that he would send a letter to the parents?

4. Catch Thirty Thr33 says:

Bureaucracy at its most idiotic. I thought I had seen it all.

5. Mrs. Davis says:

6. mike from oregon says:

This country has gone stupid!

7. how completely nuts can people be? Now they are telling four year olds that hugging is bad? that’s what this little boy is learning…. sheesh… he’s a little boy and she’s a grown woman! my goodness, perhaps she (teacher’s aide) needs to find a new job….

8. Richard Nieporent says:

The only think that surprises me is that they didn’t call the police and have him taken away in handcuffs. After all you can never be too careful when it comes to 4-year-old sexual predators.

9. You’d be surprised how many teachers hate boys. School is not a boy friendly environment.

I have to wonder if the people who make this claim would prefer schools go back to the “good old days” of paddling children — primarily boys — for various infractions.