Alan Jacobs, 1922-2006

My father died today. Dad had been in very poor health for quite awhile, but he never gave up. I think he wanted to make it to my wedding, which will be in five weeks at my parents’ house in Southern California. But there’s a limit to what willpower can do. He stopped breathing this afternoon at home. Anyhow, blogging will be light or nonexistent for the next few days.

1. Joanne, So sorry to hear this. Peace to you and yours.

2. Sorry to hear this sad news. My deepest condolences.

3. Robert Wright says:

My condolences. I know it’s a difficult time beyond words.

Mr. Jacobs must have been very proud of his daughter and his granddaughter.

4. Michelle Dulak Thomson says:

My condolences as well. All best to you and your family.

5. I’m sorry to hear about your loss.

I’m sure your father will be at your wedding anyway.

6. My thoughts are with you, Joanne.

7. I’m sorry to hear about the death of your father. Our thoughts are with you and your sister.

8. Ed Bradley says:

My condolences.

9. I’m sorry to hear of your loss.

10. So sorry to hear that, Joanne.

11. Sincerest condolences, Joanne.

12. Ross the Heartless Conservative says:

My condolences to you and your family.

13. Losing a parent shakes your world. My condolences.

14. Mr. Davis says:

My deepest condolences also. As Jeff says, the world is much less the same than you had ever imagined it would be.

15. My thoughts are with you. Does anything cut as deeply as the loss of a parent?

16. My condolences as well.

17. Jack Tanner says:

God rest his soul.

18. Peter Bickford says:

I’m very sorry to hear about your loss. Best wishes to you during this very trying time.

19. Very sorry to hear this. My best wishes to you and your family during this time.

20. We’re very sorry to learn of this. You and your father will be in our thoughts and prayers.

21. esunola says:

Heartfelt sympathies to you and to all of your family.

22. I’m so sorry to hear the news. I have become a faithful reader of your blog and you do awesome work. I’m sure your father would be proud.

23. Richard Nieporent says:

I am very sorry to hear the sad news of the passing of your father. You have my deepest condolences.

24. Grace and Peace to you and your family.

25. My condolences, Joanne.

26. BadaBing says:

Please accept my condolences, Joanne. Hope to hear from you again soon.

27. My deepest condolences to you and your family. It is a hard passage, losing a father.

28. I’m very sorry Joanne. I’ll be sending you good thoughts.

29. May I too add my condolences over your sad loss.

30. I believe your father will be at the wedding in spirit. While there he will be smiling and will be full of pride. Try to remember all the good times and embrace the happiness his memories provide you as you will always have those.

So sorry.

31. I am sorry to hear of your lost. So tough that it happened so close to your wedding. I am sure he wants you to have a happy wedding so try and get through it with a smile & a good memory.

32. Thinking of you. I am so sorry for your loss.

33. Sorry to hear about your loss, Joanne.

34. cmw1208 says:

Deepest condolences to you and your family.